Friday, January 20, 2017

Some news

Also in this week's C&EN, the first of monthly columns about work and life in the laboratory from your humble blogger. The first one was titled "Trading Sleep for Results" - I hope you enjoy it.

Writing in Chemical and Engineering News is a huge honor and one that I am greatly excited about and humbled by. Readers, I have you (among others) to thank for this.

Have something you'd like me to write about? Feel free to leave it in the comments here, or at the "Bench and Cubicle" site at C&EN's website. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't read C&E News but my wife happened to bring that issue home. I flipped through and immediately saw your article. The first thing I thought of is that some PI's require long work hours. A certain infamous professor even made his students sign a form stating that they would work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Continuous long days can be another form of exhaustion, even though it's still possible to get 8 hours of sleep on such a schedule. 12 hours work, 8 hours sleep, 4 hours to do everything else.

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20