Friday, June 24, 2016

Charest v. Harvard settled

From the inbox, a press release from Dr. Mark Charest, a former graduate student with Professor Andy Myers at Harvard:
"Harvard University and I have settled our ongoing litigation regarding the allocation of royalties related to the license with Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals on mutually agreeable terms.  In light of my claims and goals in bringing this litigation, I am very pleased to accept terms I view as equitable.”
Full link to press release here and here. Background to the story here and here. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what the settlement amount was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me it is baffling that both parties want their grievances and malfeasance aired in public but want their settlement to be private. Anyway, am curious if money makes them happy!

    ReplyDelete

looks like Blogger doesn't work with anonymous comments from Chrome browsers at the moment - works in Microsoft Edge, or from Chrome with a Blogger account - sorry! CJ 3/21/20